Like it or not, home security is essential in this day and age, so it makes sense to maintain a reasonable level of security. This can come in many different forms, with video surveillance and alarm systems giving a technological way to keep out intruders. If you are a homeowner who isn’t sure whether your existing security is adequate, here is a checklist for a modern, secure home.
- Security Screens — The latest generation of security screening is called INVISI-GARD, and we at District Screens are accredited suppliers of this well-known Australian brand. The screens come with either sliding or hinged openings, and with a wide range of frame colours, we can tailor the screens to perfectly match your windows and doors. The screens are custom made to fit your openings perfectly, and the stainless steel mesh is attached to the frames without using screws, and are so tough, it is virtually impossible to make a forced entry.
- Quality Door & Window Locks — Once you have fitted security screens, no one can enter by breaking the glass, and if your home is fitted with good quality locks, there really is little need for anything else in terms of security.
- Sufficient Lighting — If the outside of your property is well it, this will deter any night time burglar from making an attempt to gain entry. You can have the LED lights set to a timer and they will automatically come on and go off as required.
- Create a Routine — Before leaving the house, you should carry out a series of checks, even if you are just popping down the road for a few minutes, as a break in can happen and be over within that short space of time. Check all the doors and windows are closed, although you may leave small vent windows open, and if you are going to be out for any length of time, make sure you haven’t left valuable things lying around.
- A Concealed Safe — If you have family heirlooms or other things of great value, it is a good idea to have a small digital safe installed, and this can be concealed so that in the event a person did manage to enter your home, they would never find the safe. The safe can be fitted into a wall or under the floor and with some clever disguise, it will remain a secret that only close family members are aware of.
- Neighbourhood Watch — As silly as it might sound, if all of the people living in an area agree to keep an eye out for anything suspicious, they have created a very effective security system. Of course, if you live in a remote area, that might not be practical, but it certainly works in an urban housing environment where homes are relatively close to each other.
District Screens offer the best security screening at affordable prices and if you would like a no obligation quote, feel free to contact us at anytime.